smbsh issues w/ samba-2.0.7

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at canada.sun.com
Thu Nov 2 12:40:36 GMT 2000

Giulio Orsero wrote:
> You cannot use smbsh on linux anymore. glibc incompatibilities.

	I know  they took out LD_PRELOAD, but did they
	remove dlopen/dlysm too? (I have an uninstalled
	copy of red hat at home, waiting for me to find
	spare time)

	I'll happily help anyone to see if we can get around
	the glibc2 removal-of-ELF-standard functionality:
	I worked for two years on Elf linkers and interposers,
	including sotruss/apptrace on Solaris. The reported
	errors don't look all that evil:

smbwrapper/smbw.c:1429: warning: `struct stat64' declared inside
parameter
list smbwrapper/smbw.c:1429: warning: its scope is only this definition
or
declaration,
smbwrapper/smbw.c:1429: warning: which is probably not what you want.
smbwrapper/smbw.c:1431: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

smbwrapper/smbw.c:1448: warning: `struct dirent64' declared inside
parameter list
smbwrapper/smbw.c: In function `dirent64_convert':
smbwrapper/smbw.c:1450: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

--dave
Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com