Limit to num of shares?

James Sutherland jas88 at cam.ac.uk
Wed May 31 22:16:44 GMT 2000

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Ron Alexander wrote:

> Is there a limit to the number of shares for NT4 Workstation?
>
> The reason I ask, is that I think I noticed a limit of 10 in the W2K Pro
> documentation.
>
> I must have the wrong search arguments, since I have tried KB and help.

Are you sure this isn't the limit on concurrent connections? For
non-technical reasons (i.e. to make you buy a server license for servers,
even though NT Workstation would do exactly the same job) MS limited the
number of connections you were permitted to 10. (They don't enforce this
limit anywhere, though...)

James.