Unix-oriented Samba benchmarks

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at canada.sun.com
Thu May 25 18:17:21 GMT 2000

"J. Robert von Behren" wrote:
> As a follow up to my previous note, does anyone know of a good set of
> benchmarks to use in testing Samba performance?

	Yes, Andrew Tridgell added one to smbtorture,
	and did two others that are available at
	ftp://samba.org/pub/tridge/dbench.

> I've thus far been thinking of just using smbmount, and then running a
> standard FS benchmark like bonnie++ or lmbench.

	That's sane, too, for an end-to-end test.

	If you want a really bad benchmark, scripts
	written to do single operations via smbclient will
	exercise the logon code with great enthusiasm
	(and nothing else! (;-))

--dave
Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com