Unix-oriented Samba benchmarks

J. Robert von Behren jrvb at cs.berkeley.edu
Thu May 25 17:55:07 GMT 2000

Greetings, all -

As a follow up to my previous note, does anyone know of a good set of
benchmarks to use in testing Samba performance?  I've been using the
Ziff-Davis Netbench suite from Windows, but would like to set up
something from UNIX clients, to make scripting the tests a bit simpler.
I've thusfar been thinking of just using smbmount, and then running a
standard FS benchmark like bonnie++ or lmbench.  I'd very interested in
something with more realistic behaviour than these, though.  (Well, as
realistic as any benchmark can be.....  ;-)

Best,

-Rob von Behren