homes share questions

Ron Alexander rcalex at home.com
Mon May 22 15:20:26 GMT 2000

Changing both my NT and VOS names would be more work than I care for.

To re-iterate for all those still listening, what I see on my NT is:
homes			<<<<<<<<<<<< The contents of this folder is my VOS home dir
Ron_Alexander	<<<<<<<<<<<< I get an error when I click on this folder
tmp
temp
printers

If I log on as root, I get:
homes			<<<<<<<<<<<< The contents of this folder is my VOS home dir
root			<<<<<<<<<<<< The contents of this folder is my VOS home dir too
tmp
temp
printers

I am 99.99% sure I saw a msg in a log file that had 'Ron_Alexan' in it. I
have looked for some place that limits the share name to 10 chars with no
luck so far.

Regards,
Ron