samba and inetd problems

Ron Alexander rcalex at home.com
Sat May 20 16:19:49 GMT 2000

I just tried the telnet trick.

If I use ports 137 or 138 I get an immediate response of "telnet: Unable to
connect to remote host: The connection was refused." but if I use port 139,
it waits a long time before I get "telnet: Unable to connect to remote host:
The connection timed out."

What is the significance of this?

Regards,
Ron

p.s. I am going to disable my firewalls and try the test again. I will then
re-boot in order to restore myself to a secure mode.