Samba printing as nobody

Peter Samuelson peter at cadcamlab.org
Sat May 20 13:09:46 GMT 2000

[Thiep Duong <tduong at el.nec.com>]
> I am having samba installed on SUN-Solaris acts as printer server for
> my PC's .... Question: How do I get the printout banner to show
> something else like PC hostname rather than just 'nobody'?

I don't think you can do it using the regular Solaris print server
banner stuff.  What you probably need to do is turn *off* banner
printing and employ an input filter on the queue that somehow gets the
client hostname from somewhere and makes its own banner page.

I don't know how to configure this, because I am allergic to SVR4 print
servers.  (Yes, I know, they are great and mighty and very flexible,
but I never have any luck with them.)

Peter