public cvs (was Re: tdbexport (was Re: Working on LDAP support in HEAD))

Peter Samuelson peter at cadcamlab.org
Thu May 18 11:06:28 GMT 2000

  [Peter Samuelson <peter at cadcamlab.org>]

[Elrond <elrond at samba.org>]
> You did the update in a SAMBA_TNG-tree?  You might want to use the
> following command to update your tree:
> 	cvs -z3 update -P -d -r SAMBA_TNG

Yes, I'm doing that.  (Well, almost: the "-r SAMBA_TNG" is only needed
for checkout, not for update, and my ~/.cvsrc does the rest:
  -z3
  update -d -P
  diff -u
)

There is definitely something strange going on.  I did a fresh checkout
of TNG samba/source and, while it DID contain your tdb change, it did
NOT contain several other files my regular tree has in it.  After doing
a cvs update in each tree, the two are closer to each other but there
are still several files that are only in one or the other.

Will the real cvs tree please stand? (:  Are we still having
synchronicity problems with the public CVS?  Where can I get a bug-free
CVS pserver client? (:

Peter