Next stable version of Samba.

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Wed May 17 21:25:06 GMT 2000

Hi all,

        I'd like to ask to make a version number change
for the next stable release. Currently we're planning to
release something we're planning to call 2.0.8.

However, what I'm actually busyly creating in the CVS tree
is HEAD minus vfs and dfs and some of the TNG mods.

This is a very big change to call 2.0.8, which implies a
minor rev. on 2.0.7.

Now I still want to ship this code as the next release,
as it is *significantly* better than what otherwise would
be in 2.0.8. I will go into more details on the changes
in a later email, but this code is *definately* more robust
and correct from an SMB standpoint than the 2.0.x code.

But I'd like to call it 2.2.0 instead. That way people
know this is a more significant change, and will hopefully
do more testing before slotting this into a production
system.

Currently I have buy off from the rest of the Samba Team
on this version change, what does everyone else think ?

Regards,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.