tdbexport (was Re: Working on LDAP support in HEAD)

Elrond elrond at samba.org
Wed May 17 18:21:53 GMT 2000

On Wed, May 17, 2000 at 11:44:23AM -0500, Peter Samuelson wrote:

> [Elrond <elrond at samba.org>]
> > I understand it right? Your tool is under the GPL (it's not noted in
> > the headers) If so, I will add the usual GPL-header (from one of the
> > other files in samba)and add it to TNG (at least).
>
> Yes, please do.  (Everything I write is either GPL or GPL-compliant --
> I didn't bother with a header this time because I figured that if it
> were distributed with Samba, the GPL would be assumed.)

I'm no lawyer, so I just think "there's everywhere a
GPL-header, so it might be a good reason to do so". On the
other hand, I remember some things about "assuming"
especialy from the global COPYING-file.

Just some minute ago, I added tdbexport.c and some rule to
build it to tdb/Makefile in TNG. If you like, you can take
a look at it (so I didn't munch up anything.)

Maybe someone likes it and copies it over to HEAD.

> > It would be great, if you also get the time to write tdbimport.
>
> I'll try to get to it in the next two or three days.

Don't feel pushed.

It's great, if people come in and write code, that nobody
realy just wants to write. :)

> Peter

    Elrond