Working on LDAP support in HEAD

Elrond elrond at samba.org
Sun May 14 23:00:06 GMT 2000

On Sun, May 14, 2000 at 07:07:29PM +1000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
[...]
> > Currently one can't even transfer a tdb from a big-endian
> > to a little-endian machine (unless I've misread the code).
>
> if i use ndr marshalling routines, that is not an issue.

I don't talk about the data in the tdb, I talk about tdb
itself.

The stored data is the next issue.
I guess, it wont be an issue with your ndr-stored data. So
one still would need tdbexport/import to transfer a tdb
from a little to a big endien machine or to a 64bit
machine.

(And performance is also an interesting issue with tdb. The
hashtables don't grow dynamicaly [I know, this is hard with
databases stored on disk, not in memory])

    Elrond