porting samba to new platform questions.

Ron Alexander rcalex at home.com
Sun May 14 17:26:23 GMT 2000

Yes, Erik did an incredible job of making Samba available before POSIX
support was added to VOS. I did not mean to minimize his efforts.

As I understand it, Erik did that port on his own, and had to overcome some
significant challenges since VOS was not POSIX compliant then. You will note
that the version is 1.9.17p4b.

What is 'first' about this port, is that it will be kept current, support
via Stratus CAC will be available and since VOS will be POSIX.1 compliant,
the amount of source code changes to accommodate VOS will be very small
(currently 0).

My apologies to anyone who felt I mislead them, and especially to Erik. I
can appreciate his accomplishment perhaps more than most.

Regards,
Ron Alexander