Authentication question.

Anand Kumria wildfire at progsoc.uts.edu.au
Sun May 14 14:56:27 GMT 2000

On Sat, May 13, 2000 at 03:33:09AM +1000, Brian Stephens wrote:
> I have Samba using a NT password server for authentication, is there any
>
> way to have Samba resort to the local Samba password file entry for any
> user
> that fails to log in via the NT password server?
>
> 2.0.6 and 2.0.5a on SGI,SUN,HP,IBM.

I haven't seen any responses to you:

Are you using NSS (Name Service Switch) or equivalent on those platforms?

Then you are probably using the nss_smb module so you could have in
/etc/nsswitch.conf (Solaris, Linux only I believe)

passwd: smb [NOTFOUND: continue] files

You'll need to check the syntax as I think it may differ on Linux and Solaris
but you get the idea.

Anand