Stratus VOS port status and issue.

Ron Alexander rcalex at home.com
Fri May 12 14:19:56 GMT 2000

The Stratus VOS port is progressing at a good rate. Last night I attached to
the VOS machine and selected a bunch of files. I then added them to a WinZip
file on the Stratus all from within Msft. Explorer. I then used the
Powerdesk explorer and was able to view the zip file as a folder. I then
opened one of the files inside the zip which was a source file causing my
windows application to open and I was in the editor. I made a small change,
and closed the file.

I later ftp'd the file over to the pc. Both the zip file and it's contents
were correct.

Verrrrry cooool.

Now for a problem that I hope the experts will be quick to solve.

The path names on VOS start with a % sign. Here is what I see in my log
file.

[2000/05/12 09:36:07, 3] loadparm.c:(1525)
  adding home directory Ron_Alexander at
%swsle#m12_user>Stratus>Ron_Alexander

[2000/05/12 09:36:16, 0] service.c:(486)
  Can't change directory to _swsle#m12_user>Stratus>Ron_Alexander (No such
file

As you can see the % has been replaced by a _ causing a file not found
error.

We are well aware of the larger problem of trying to get our file system to
be compatible with a Unix style system, but this is a problem we did not
expect.
Other than some possibly major code modifications for VOS (a practice I have
avoided so far) is there a way to resolve this in Samba.

Ron