samba printing troubles

Denis A Ustimenko denis at oldham.ru
Fri May 12 06:01:29 GMT 2000

>> We've got 2.0.6 under RH 6.1 with lots of Lotus Notes users
>> and we don't have this problem.
>>

>Hmmm....Dennis can you respond with more details. It sounded
>like you can reproduce the problem consistently. Are you using
>the Solaris lpsched stuff? What print commands is Samba using?
>Maybe just bad defaults.
>
>Cheers,
>jerry

Hi!

I think I find out what's wrong with Notes printing in my case. A little
experementation
diplayed that Notes creates name of job (print view) as <Database name>-<View
name>. When
databse name and view name in russian, name of job became "-" (I don't know is
it done by Notes or Samba).
I think that right way is check job name, and if it == "-", generate it as
username.randomid.

Greetings
Denis A Ustimenko
Oldham