Reminder and Updates to the CIFS Plugfest and Conference

Andrea Westerinen andreawest at mindspring.com
Sun May 7 13:11:43 GMT 2000

Just a quick reminder that the CIFS Plugfest and Conference is coming up on
5/24-25 for the Conference and 5/22-26 for the Plugfest.  We have a great
agenda (see http://www.snia.org/news/CIFS2000Agenda.html), and a few last
minute changes:

1.  Wednesday afternoon's panel discussion is combined into Thursday's to
make room for Jeremy Allison from the Samba team.  The abstract for his
presentation ("Samba Internals - Implementing SMB as a User-Space POSIX
Process") is:
This talk will go over some of the historical design decisions behind the
Samba architecture as a user mode daemon running under POSIX, and cover the
major subsystems inside the Samba 2.0.x smbd code. In addition, it will
address the internals of future Samba releases (3.0.x) and provide a "how
to" description for adding new functionality.

2.  We added an "SNIA-CIFS Subteam Session and Conference Wrap-Up" on
Thursday at 5:30-7pm.  This is not an official "conference" session, but
anyone interested in the work of the SNIA-NAS subteam is very welcome.

Thanks,
Andrea Westerinen
SNIA Technical Director