Horrible performance of samba-3.0pre expected?

Matt Zinkevicius matt_zinkevicius at hotmail.com
Fri May 5 20:03:54 GMT 2000

Howdy all,
We have been getting miserable performace out of samba 3.0pre snapshots for
the last month. Is this to be expected since this is still beta code? Are
there any debug switches, etc that I could disable. Our netbench results
show samba 3.0pre (May 2nd snapshot of MAIN branch) to be roughly 40% slower
than 2.0.7. I know this is a development branch, and we shouldn't expect
much from it, but this seems like extreme behavior. Anyone else have
similar/different benchmark results?

--Matt Zinkevicius