CVS update: samba/source/param

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Thu May 4 02:27:29 GMT 2000

well, we came up with a scheme in winbind where if the samba server is
going to be authoritative for that unix-group, you do NOT turn round to
that samba server (inside winbind) and go and ask it to re-enumerate it
back to you!

i.e.,:

winbindd_getgrent( ... )

	... state->name

	split_name(state->name, domain_part, username_part)
	if (strequal(domain_part, global_sam_name) ||
	    strequal(domain_part, "")
	{
		return SKIP_THIS_NAME;
	}

On Wed, 3 May 2000, Gerald Carter wrote:

> Luke Leighton wrote:
> >

> > basic issue is samba-as-pdc does getgrent()
> > enumeration and getgroups() which goes *back* into winbindd.
>
> Been thinking about this some actually.  Is there any
> way that, rather than iterating through /etc/groups,
> would could leverage off of a setgroups()/getgroups()
> call.  Or am I way off base here.  Been meaning to play
> with this some, but haven't been able to.
>

> jerry
>    /\  Gerald (Jerry) Carter                     Professional Services
>  \/    http://www.valinux.com    VA Linux Systems  gcarter at valinux.com
>        http://www.samba.org      SAMBA Team            jerry at samba.org
>        http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~cartegw
>
>        "...a hundred billion castaways looking for a home."
>                                 - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )

ISBN1578701503 DCE/RPC over SMB: Samba and Windows NT Domain Internals