samba printing troubles

Michael E Osborne mosborne at jacads.com
Wed May 3 19:26:26 GMT 2000

We've got 2.0.6 under RH 6.1 with lots of Lotus Notes users and we don't
have this problem.

Michael Osborne
Raytheon Demilitarization Co
Johnston Atoll, Pacific Ocean

Please respond to gcarter at valinux.com

To:   Multiple recipients of list SAMBA-TECHNICAL
      <samba-technical at samba.org>
cc:    (bcc: Michael E Osborne/JACADS/REC)
Subject:  Re: samba printing troubles

Denis A Ustimenko wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Since samba 2.0.6 here is printing bug and in 2.0.7 I saw
> it again. When print to samba printer from Lotus Notes (for
> Windows 9x/NT) no document will be printed. At the same time
> file named "-" appears in the /tmp directory. That file
> contains my print job, I checkd. There no wonder that it
> cann't be  printed because of its name. Please help me I
> have a lot of Notes users!
>
> Here is my configuration:
> Samba server is Solaris_x86 2.6 ( on Solaris_x86 7 I've tested too).
> smb.conf:

Did anyone address this yet?  I've not heard anyone else indicate
a similar problem before.

Cheers,
jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com    VA Linux Systems  gcarter at valinux.com