high uid values

Richard Smith rich at indy.net
Tue May 2 17:31:19 GMT 2000

hi folks. this is my first post. we have installed Samba on OS/390 2.6
Unix Systems Services. i am having problems with it now that my uid is
nolonger 0 (for company security reasons). when i try to connect my win95
workstation, it fails and i see the following message in the log:

Couldn't set uid 1100800200 currently set to (0,0): EDC5157I An internal
error has occurred.
Looks like your OS doesn't like high uid values - try using a different
account

can someone give me a clue as to what to change. this used to work!

thanks,
rich smith