connection to socket /tmp/.smb.0/agent and port 445 problems on Samba TNG Alpha.1.3

LW jkreger at earthling.penguinpowered.com
Sat Mar 25 23:17:03 GMT 2000

[WORKGROUP\root at LINUXSERVER]$ createuser NTSERVER$
createuser NTSERVER$
socket connect to /tmp/.smb.0/agent failed: Connection refused
error connecting to 192.168.1.1:445 (Connection refused)
SAM Create Domain User
Domain: WORKGROUP Name: ntserver$ ACB: [W          ]
Resetting Trust Account to insecure, initial, well-known value: "ntserver"
NTSERVER can now be joined to the domain, which should
be done on a private, secure network as soon as possible
socket connect to /tmp/.smb.0/agent failed: Connection refused
error connecting to 192.168.1.1:445 (Connection refused)
Create Domain User: FAILED

Ofcorse, there is no new entry to the smbpasswd

This is frustrating, because i'm trying to get a NT server to become a BDC
to my Linux server, and this is not helping.

Any help you can give me, would be appreciated.