Password changing under Linux not working

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Fri Mar 17 01:22:36 GMT 2000

Richard Sharpe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have not looked at it carefully yet, but it seems that password changing
> with Samba 2.0.6 under Linux is not working ...
>
> Does anyone else have any experience is this area?

Nope.  It works.  I've verified this under Windows 98,
Samba 2.0.6 on RedHat 6.0.  Only would work from the
Passwords control panel applet though.  And only when domain
logons had been enabled.  Didn't try all the possible
variations.

jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )