NameNumericTail

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Wed Mar 8 14:21:16 GMT 2000

Martin Stromberg wrote:

> Does samba have an equivalent setting as the WINDOZE NameNumericTail
> setting? For those who don't know about this registry setting,
> <http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/v2faq/faq22_19.html> can be
> enlightening.

This is the 8.3 filename things right?  The only possible
solution would be to play with the fstype and name
mangling parameters.  However, i do not believe this will do
what you want.  I would think the situations where it would
be needed would be fairly infrequent.  Am I wrong in this
assumption?

Cheers,
jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter