Samba on AIX

itsore08 at us.ibm.com itsore08 at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 7 20:42:30 GMT 2000

Elrond / Peter,

Thanks for your suggestions re: shared library problems with Samba on AIX.

I've successfuly compiled TNG 0.8 with GCC, but VAC still fails with the
enum error. Now I can get started. :)

I'm working for IBM's ITSO to produce a Redbook about running Samba on AIX.
The book will be an installation, function, and sizing guide.

I've spoken with someone here about shared library support on AIX. He
suggested > AIX 4.2.1 should now treat shared libraries much like Solaris.
I'll post his recomendations later.

Do you know of any other issues concerning running Samba on AIX? (Anyone?)

Thanks again,
Steven P.

Elrond <Elrond at Wunder-Nett.org> on 03/04/2000 06:02:59 AM