Win2K problem looking up SIDs to names.

Elrond Elrond at Wunder-Nett.org
Wed Mar 1 13:02:34 GMT 2000

Hi Jeremy,

On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 05:25:04AM +1100, Jeremy Allison wrote:
[...]
> > btw we HAVE to do this merge, it's not ok to be constantly rediscovering
> > everything and duplicating / wasting effort on all these things.
> > especially as this has been going on for far too long, already.
> >
> > i count, from a quick recall, about four, maybe five, areas where you have
> > spent time reinventing what i already have in tng, and sometimes (which is
> > REALLY bad) adding things to cvs main or 2.0 but NOT adding them to tng.
>
> Luke, HEAD is slowly *becoming* TNG, it just takes a while
> as the code is moving across as it gets reviewed. This takes
> a lot of effort, don't get disheatened.

If I can somehow help in this effort, I might have some
time to do so. What I would like to do is maybe the
following: Review parts, that you want to merge later,
before you review them, so you don't have to fix/find all
the basic problems.

And there are still a lot of places, that are not as clean,
as they should be (including stuff, I started to convert
and should finish...). And I don't think, you should waste
your time currently reviewing/merging those.

This isn't an offense against Luke, he knows that too and
asked me to convert some things over.

> Jeremy.

    Elrond

[...]