tng and shared libs

Elrond Elrond at Wunder-Nett.org
Wed Mar 1 12:38:58 GMT 2000

On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 10:30:53PM +1100, Peter Samuelson wrote:

> [Jean Francois Micouleau]
> > now, bin/rpcclient is a shell script when runs it coredumps.
>
> What OS are you running?  Sounds like a libtool bug.  The shell scripts
> are supposed to work the way you tried.
>
> Possibly you have an older version of the libs already installed on
> your system, and your newer TNG binaries are trying to use them.
> Again, the libtool scripts are supposed to prevent that.
>
> Peter

Hi Jean Francois,

(I'm feeling a bit responsible for libtool, cause I nearly
did all of the libtool-things in TNG)

Normaly it should just work as you expected and as Peter
noted.

Could you send me the following things?

- OS
- compiler / CFLAGS (CC, CFLAGS from Makefile)
- output of "./libtool --config"
- output of "sh -x bin/rpcclient"
- ... possibly more, I currently can't think of. ;)
(I don't think, you need to bother the list with this
stuff, unless someone realy wants it)

If we realy can't get some solution (I'll send the fun
anyway to GNU), you still can "./configure.developer
--disable-shared && make clean && make", which will
build static libraries and bin/rpcclient will be a nice
binary after it.

    Elrond

(looks like another chapter in the TNG has its own libtool
story...)