grepping smb-share parameter from source for Samba-MySQL config tool

Stephan Lauffer lauffer at ph-freiburg.de
Thu Jun 29 17:04:38 GMT 2000

Hi all!

For a dynamic SAMBA-MySQL configuration tool I´m working for, I had to get all possible
parameters from the smb.conf share section (with their default values).
It´s necessary because I had to create some tables using this values.

By the time this little script takes the keys and values out from the samba source
samba-2.0.7/source/param/loadparm.c

It´s working, but I´m not sure about some parameters...

Can somebody tell me when I can scip one parameter?
By the time the script searches for the &sDefault.xy, ignoring "FLAG_HIDE".

Actually i get 110 matches from 2.0.7 source.

Can somebody check if this could be ok? or which parameters i can skip?
(Such as the FLAG_HIDE parameters?)

Thanks a lot for help!

(ps: a very alpha version can be found on ftp://ftp.ph-freiburg.de/pub/smb_dyn/
Further infos you´ll get in a few day on http://www.linux-future.de/)

Liebe Gruesse,
Stephan Lauffer

[ Paedagogische Hochschule Freiburg - Systemtechnik - Germany    ]
[ Abteilung ZIK: <a href="http://www.ph-freiburg.de/zik">WWW</a> ]
[ Tel.: 0761 - 682 459                    Mobil: 0172 - 7145 197 ]