Possible bug - related to file modification times?

Neil Bryden neil.bryden at adcomtech.net
Tue Jun 20 02:20:01 GMT 2000

Hello,

I would like to submit a problem report related to samba 2.0.5a under
Intel Redhat 6.1

We use a development environment for VxWorks called "Tornado" (by
WindRiver).  It is basically an IDE (editor, compiler, debugger)

We are having a small problem with the Tornado IDE and our network
filesystem.  When we have files open in the IDE that have been loaded
from our fileserver, we occassionaly get messages from Tornado saying
"File has been modified by an external program, would you like to reload
it?"  The file has not been modified by any other program.

The problem does not occur with using Tornado on local drives.

As this problem is very similar to the one reported with Microsoft
Visual C++ I have tried setting the 'dos filetimes' option - it did not
help.

We are attempting to debug locally - it is obviously going to be
difficult for you as I assume you don't have access to the Tornado IDE.

Our smb.conf 'global' section is:
[global]
   directory mask = 0770
   create mask = 0770