cliffs

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Fri Jun 16 20:13:20 GMT 2000

At 04:10 AM 6/17/00 +1000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Cole, Timothy D. wrote:
>
>> <mangled-reference>Dammit, Luke, I'm a programmer, not a piece of
>> software!</mangled-reference>
>>
>> Seriously, what brings this up?  Did you get the entire SMB ball of wax
laid
>> out in UML or something from somewhere?
>
>no, i took draft-leach-cifs-v1-spec-01.txt, cut/paste bits of it into
>idl/smbfn.struct, compiled it with an awk idl compiler andrew started a
>couple of weeks ago, and auto-generated some code.

Hmmm,

Well, I have been down that path partially before, and the problem it seems
to me is that what you now have is the syntax under control, but not the
semantics.

There is still a lot of work to do, but I will be in Canberra in a couple
of weeks and I can see now what Andrew was referring to when I asked if
there was anything I could do for three days or so, and he said yes!

>cvs co cliffs.

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course
Author: First Australian 2-day, intensive, hands-on Samba course