Problems authenticating with Win2k account that has sIDHistory set

Ray Frush ray_frush at agilent.com
Fri Jun 16 14:15:09 GMT 2000

We observed the same problem and reported it to Samba-Technical in late April.
We've also characterized the problem to discover that it has multiple failure
modes depending on how many Global Groups with SID History a user belongs to.

A short term workaround we're using is to lower the security mode to "server"
and set the "password Server" parameter to a stable, low use server.  Not ideal,
but it's working for a few hundred users here.

I've been working with the Samba Team to help get a solution released for the
SID History problem.  I'm hoping something is available soon.

--
Ray Frush               "Either you are part of the solution,
T:970.288.6223               or part of the precipitate."