[PAM-NTDOM] using pam_ntdom for ftp authentication

Soren Dayton dayton at overx.com
Thu Jun 15 13:31:04 GMT 2000

Peter Samuelson <peter at cadcamlab.org> writes:

> [Tim Potter <tpot at linuxcare.com.au>]
> > There's also the issue of the pam_ntdom module being GPL which means
> > that technically any program linking (i.e actually using it) also
> > needs to be GPL.  )-:
>
> Hmmm.  Subtle.

And I think, maybe incorrect.  I believe that the issue is that if a
piece of software is written to use a GPLed API or an API that is
only implemented by GPLed software, THEN the software must be GPLed.
But PAM is (1) a standard and (2) implemented in multiple places.

For an example, not the software that uses editline or readline (which
share a base API)

Soren