Needs Help with Samba to authenticate to NDS

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Tue Jun 13 19:06:43 GMT 2000

On Jun 13,  1:52pm, Chris Tooley wrote:
> Subject: Re: Needs Help with Samba to authenticate to NDS
> su is an unfair example isn't it?

How so?

> I would assume that there would be a different command to do such a thing.

In which case the NDS client is not integrated properly with the Solaris
authentication mechanisms.  This would tell us that there is very little hope
that Samba will be able to use the NDS client software on Solaris.

> However, as I've never used NDS on Solaris I don't know for sure.

I've done some work with NDS on other platforms.  It's actually a good idea and
Novell have at least half a clue about what to do with it.

Chris -)-----