Needs Help with Samba to authenticate to NDS

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Tue Jun 13 19:00:15 GMT 2000

:
:
>-- End of excerpt from Stephen Langasek

You miss my point.  If the NDS software *doesn't* mesh properly with the rest
of the system then it doesn't work properly.  You could say that this is
another reason to use PAM and that's probably true.  The problem as stated,
however, was that of getting Samba to work with the given product.  I was
suggesting that the first step was to find out how well or poorly the NDS
client software for Solaris fits with the normal auth mechanisms.  If simple
things like 'su' don't work, then there's really no point in using the NDS
client at all.

Chris -)-----