command srvshares in rpcclient 2.0.7 hangs server

Peter Samuelson peter at cadcamlab.org
Sat Jun 10 06:56:37 GMT 2000

[Wilhelm Chana <samba at ws6539.sie.Siemens.at>]
> We are using rpcclient to test for shares on windows machines.
> Command srvshares in rpcclient version 2.0.0 did the job. Now we
> liked upgrade to rpcclient version 2.0.7, however faced the problem
> that the command srvshares times out and leaves the machine on the
> other end in a blocked condition.

A Windows server-side bug?  Say it ain't so!  (:

If you are using strictly NT (i.e. not Win95), I strongly recommend you
try out Samba-TNG for your rpcclient needs.  Like the rest of
Samba-TNG, it is *far* more advanced than 2.0.x in the MSRPC realm.
Unlike the rest of Samba-TNG, it isn't a long-running daemon where you
really worry about random crashes and memory leaks, so its "alpha code"
status is less risky.

Peter