Samba in an HA environment

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Fri Jun 2 02:27:09 GMT 2000

It appears based on a response on the SAMBA-VMS list on a different topic,
that the existing versions of SAMBA-VMS will run in a High Availability
environment.

In this case since each of the hosts that share the IP address have access
to the files being accessed, so there is no "fail over" condition.

Of course any transfers or files or open file conditions will be lost on a
failure of a host.  There does not seem to be a way of cleanly recovering
from that condition.

I still do not know the details of the configuration, but I do not think
they had to do much other than register the common I.P address in SMB.CONF.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network