SWAT always shows smbd as NOT running

Steffen Moser moser at egu.schule.ulm.de
Thu Jun 1 10:49:08 GMT 2000

Hello,

Ron Alexander wrote:

> In 2.0.7 SWAT always shows smbd as NOT running. Is it just me, or is this a
> bug.

I don't think that it is a bug, because here SWAT and "samba-2.0.7" are
running quite well (i.e. the status of both "smbd" and "nmbd" is listed
correctly).

> If everyone else is seeing the right thing, can anyone suggest what might
> cause it?

Perhaps you have got a line called

  "bind interfaces only = yes"

within your "smb.conf" and forgot to add the IP address of your loopback
device ("127.0.0.1") to the "interfaces = " line. This would be a
possible explanation for the strange behaviour of SWAT.

Bye,
Steffen