Extracting accounts and passwords from Novel Netware

Rink Springer rink at springer.cx
Sun Jul 30 19:19:09 GMT 2000

Hi everyone,

Anders is correct. You see, Novell 3.12 stored the password in the so-called
'bindery', which works like the Windows Registry. Every account will is an
object, and it has a PASSWORD property. This property lists the password in
an encrypted form, as someone else posted the link to.

My advice: write a small program that extracts *all* users from the bindery
(one of the easiest things to do is use SECURITY and grep for USER NAME :)
and feed this list into adduser(8). If you need any help using this, just
ask me. Using the original passwords is a very hard thing, so I'd suggest
you drop that...

--Rink