samba host not visible in Win95 Network Neighborhood

Martin Terpstra martin at terpstra.demon.nl
Sat Jul 29 22:40:28 GMT 2000

hello,

after a few hours of battle with the Samba configuration on
my (Suse) Linux machine I managed to Map a network drive on
my Win95. So now it is possible to see 'linux' files from
my Win95 machine. I have however one question. Although
I managed to map a linux dir on my Win95 machine, I cannot
see the linux machine name listed in the Network Neighbourhood
of the Win95 machine? Has this something to do with the Samba
configuration ? (I configured Samba so that it belongs to the
same workgroup as the Win95 machine)

I still have some reading about Samba to do but maybe somebody
has an idea to speed things up.

Please respond to  mailto:terpie at pacbell.net

thanks,

Martin