CIFSSTAT

Herb Lewis herb at chomps.engr.sgi.com
Fri Jul 28 20:23:04 GMT 2000

A while back Andrew had added some hooks for gathering profile
information into samba. It is ifdef'ed with WITH_PROFILE. You
may want to take a look at that and consider expanding that.
This method would make the stats available to a variety of
apps on various platforms. I haven't looked at it in ages but
at one time had it working with SGI's Performance Co-Pilot
which is now available on Linux

http://oss.sgi.com/projects/pcp/

"Christopher R. Hertel" wrote:

> >       I have a LD_PRELOAD hack to capture performance
> >       stats, what other things are we interested in?
>
> Kewl.  What stats does it capture?
>
> Also, what info did CIFSSTATS provide?
>
> Chris -)-----
>
> --
> Christopher R. Hertel -)-----                   University of Minnesota
> crh at nts.umn.edu              Networking and Telecommunications Services
>
>     Ideals are like stars; you will not succeed in touching them
>     with your hands...you choose them as your guides, and following
>     them you will reach your destiny.  --Carl Schultz

Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177