Announce: experimental PAM module to mount SMB/NCP modules at login time

Elvis Pfutzenreuter epx at conectiva.com.br
Thu Jul 27 19:16:54 GMT 2000

This PAM module can use the password that user has just typed.

Several people asked me about some thing like this, to mount remote NT
volumes @ login (and unmount them over logout, of course). I didn't found any
other module or program that did the thing this way (i.e. without kepping
passwords in some file etc.), so I wrote one.

It is a 0.0.1 (alpha) release, and module still has a lot of debug printf()s,
but it seems to work well. I expect to collect wishes and ideas to improve
the module. It can be found at

http://bazar.conectiva.com.br/~epx/exppack/exppack_auth_en.html