Mounting automatically a smb partition in fstab (under linux)

Urban Widmark urban at svenskatest.se
Wed Jul 26 11:33:36 GMT 2000

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Jean - François MARQUIS GFI DOUAI wrote:

> Hi,
> I have got a little problem, I don't know how to mount automatically a smb partition exported from a SCO UNIX in the fstab of my linux !
> But with the command
> mount -t smbfs   mount -t smbfs -o username=******,password=******* file://SCO/projets /mnt/smbsco
> there is no problem !

Didn't know you could write file://...

This works for me:
//localhost/tmp  /mnt/smb  smbfs  noauto,username=***,password=***  0  0

(the noauto makes it not mount automatically, you may want to change
 that)

And please, in the future send questions on how to use samba to
the samba at samba.org mailing list, not samba-technical.

/Urban