Problems compiling --with-PAM on HP-UX 11.00 64.

Peter Samuelson peter at cadcamlab.org
Wed Jul 26 07:33:39 GMT 2000

[Nilsson Christian <christian.nilsson at scania.com>]
> I'm trying to compile samba 2.0.7 with pam but It seems like it
> does'nt work.

I think we need a few more details.  First of all, see if you can check
that PAM is really being compiled in.  You say you used --with-PAM
whereas you should say --with-pam and I do think it's case-sensitive.
The configure log you posted is inconclusive as to whether it compiled
with PAM or not.  Type `make', stop it right away and comb through that
hairy mess of a first line.  Does it mention PAM or -lpam?

Second, do you have PAM configured correctly?  PAM configuration is off
topic for this list, but briefly, you need to reference your AFS module
in /etc/pam.conf under the service name "samba" (unless it's already
the default, i.e. "OTHER").

Peter