funky LsaQueryInfo change

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Fri Jul 21 19:28:19 GMT 2000

On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Cole, Timothy D. wrote:

> Actually, I should be more clear:  TNG and HEAD may be correct, but
> SAMBA_2_0 is not -- NT member servers and Samba 2.0.5 all seem to reply with
> the workgroup, whereas 2.0.7 (member server or no) will return the workgroup
> and global SAM SID iff "domain logons" are turned on.
>
> [ from another message: ]
>
> it should be 0x5 a response with no data [indicating "i
> am not a member of any domain", i.e. ROLESTANDALONE].
>
> So, we need to fix this, then.  "domain logons" does not really seem to be
> the appropriate thing to check here, and it's returning the wrong reply
> anyway.
>
> What exactly should the 2_0 behavior be,

exactly the same as in TNG.

> and what relationship does "domain logons" have to roles in TNG/HEAD?

lp_role_server() is hard-coded up to combine lp_security(),
lp_passwordserver(), lp_domain_logons() and lp_domain_master() to give
some semblance of logic to a wacky number of historically-developed
parameters.

ROLE_BDC is returned when lp_domain_logons() is True but
lp_domain_master() is False, for example.

see param/loadparm.c

... i *think* that matty coded up srv_lsa.c in main, but he avoided using
lp_role_server() if memory serves correct, going for same-functionality.