Getting executable files on HPUX to be displayed on laptop

Cole, Timothy D. timothy_d_cole at md.northgrum.com
Fri Jul 21 15:35:37 GMT 2000

	This is really rather outside of Samba's scope.

	[I'm assuming SAS is an HP-UX application]

	Windows limitations are still going to prevent you from just being
able to double click on the executable (no extension for Explorer to latch
on to), but if you get a Windows X server (e.g. Exceed; see
http://www.hummingbird.com/), you should certainly be able to telnet (or
better, ssh) in to the HP-UX box and run it that way.

	Some Windows X server products (I think Exceed does) also let you
make desktop icons that automate the process of connecting and starting the
app on the HP box.  So you get kind of what you want in that case.