Win2k, Samba, & Win'9x

Ben Meyer Ben_Meyer at pfm.org
Thu Jul 20 19:54:27 GMT 2000

I have am on a network that primarily operates with NT4 server. We are
testing Win2k and Linux. I have just setup a linux box so that it operates
through the Win2k test system, but am unable to browse it. Under Win2k I get
a prompt for user name and password but it will not accept it, under Win'95
I get a prompt asking for a password for the user $IPC as if there were no
shares, but it has several shares.

I am using Samba version 2.0.6 on Red Hat 6.2. It is a fresh install. Would
this problem be solved if I upgraded to Samba 2.0.7?

Thank you.

Ben M.