CVS update: samba/source/lib

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Tue Jul 18 23:53:17 GMT 2000

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton writes:

> > I would like to replace the use of util_array.c functions
> > in the rest of the source tree if no one objects.
>
> i object.  if you want a list-associating "thing", use a list.  in the
> cases where you want an array-associating "thing" use an array.

On a slightly different note, I've noticed a problem with very
large arrays.  The memory allocator in glibc 2.1 seems to crash
with arrays of about 40,000 elements, probably because of
fragmentation caused by calls to realloc().  If it's possible to
determine the size of the array beforehand, I tend to malloc()
the array beforehand and copy elements in using array
assignment.

Tim.