Getting Username Account from client IP address

Bernard Dugas bernard.dugas at is-production.com
Tue Jul 18 17:12:23 GMT 2000

Hi,

As the search on the list doesn't seem to work, may I ask a question to
you :

In a security=share mode (orother mode), is it possible to have a
procedure which would choose the guest account on the basis of the IP
number of the client ?
ie "if the client IP is 192.168.X.*, then the guest account is guestX"

I would find such a process very useful as I have quite a large user
base and I don't want to manage a large account base, specially as
Windows9x usernames are useless for security.

Thanks a lot for any answer !
--

|  Technoparc Pays de Gex  mailto:bernard.dugas at is-production.com |