John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Sun Jul 16 14:27:07 GMT 2000

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at samba.org> wrote:

> john, try the web interfa e - http://samba.org/cgi-bin/weblist.

I did.

The only thing that it will tell me is that I am not currently subscribed to
the mailing lists I was formerly on:
SAMBA, SAMBA-TECHNICAL, SAMBA-CVS, SAMBA-DOCS, SAMBA-ANNOUNCE, SAMBA-VMS.

Unfortunately it does not have the ability to start a subscription.

On the SAMBA-VMS list if you search for "MALMBERG" it shows me subscribed
with no E-MAIL address, and no way to update the record.

The only SAMBA related mailing list that is working for me is SMB-CLIENTS,
and that is such a low bandwidth one, I had forgotten about it until I
received two messages from it this week.

As it appears that the Mailing lists are working for others, I am trying to
find out why my E-mail address was singled out.

Unfortunately, I have no data to go by.  I do know that my ISP (not the ones
listed) has twice in the past done maintenance on their mail server that has
caused messages to be bounced back to sender with "permament fatal errors"
as they moved mail servers, they put the new one online to the Internet with
before they transferred the users.

If this happened while a number of SAMBA LISTS messages were being sent, I
can understand being dropped, as the list server would have been told that
my e-mail address no longer exists.

And if I can get proof that this happened, I can contact the various beings
that I am paying money to and complain.  However, in the location I am in,
they currently have a monopoly on high speed internet access.

But I would expect that I could resubscribe again, and in any case, my
alternate E-mail address is not working either.