Confused: bad ptr conversion?

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Sun Jul 9 06:23:18 GMT 2000

Someone take a look at this and tell me what I'm missing.

In function lp_do_parameter(), file param/loadparm.c, line 2475.

        /* if it is a special case then go ahead */
        if (parm_table[parmnum].special)
        {
                parm_table[parmnum].special(pszParmValue, (char **)parm_ptr);
                return (True);
        }

There's a typecast in there that takes a (char *) and converts it to a
(char **).  I think that this should be &parm_ptr instead of (char
**parm_ptr).

It's late and I'm tired, so someone double check this for me please.

Chris -)-----