Multiple WINS Servers Enhancement

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Thu Jul 6 20:29:07 GMT 2000

On Jul 7,  6:12am, Dave Olker wrote:
> Subject: Multiple WINS Servers Enhancement
>
> Hello Samba Team,
>
> I decided to take a shot at writing the enhancement request to allow
> samba to access more than one WINS servers.  The code base I wrote this
> on is 2.0.6.  The enhancement involves changes to 5 files:

The only issue I would have is that Samba currently does not support WINS
replication, so if the secondary server is a SAMBA WINS server it will not have
the same name list as the primary.  This can cause some headaches.  The change
should work if MS WINS servers are in use and replication is configured.

Further comments?

Chris -)-----